Nintendo Experience Portable
The NX Portable will look very similar to the Nintendo 3DS XL, but be slightly thicker and feature some new design style to differentiate from the DS and 3DS families of units.
- Two screens at quarter-HD resolution (960x540, same as PS Vita)
- Buttom screen is multi touch and features a simple EMR stylus (Wacom, Galaxy Note)
- Top screen could be 3D (Maybe different versions?)
- No cameras. No one uses them and everyone has a better one on their phone anyway.
- The hardware is slightly worse than the Wii U.
- Uses USB Type C for charging and data transferring.
- Backwards compatible with 3DS, DS and digital Wii U games.
- Scales down Wii U games to quarter-HD resolution.
- Can run Nintendos smartphone games, they could be developed natively or they somehow emulate the Android versions.
- NFC under the screen like the New 3DS.
The NX Dock will look like the lovechild of an SNES, Wii U and Apple TV. The NX Portable will be dockable like an SNES or N64 cartridge on the top of the machine and they will point it out as a nostalgia thing to those consoles. It also has a Blu-Ray drive. It can do everything the Portable can.
- Outputs NX and Wii U games at full 1080p through some added processing power in the unit.
- Adds backwards compatibility to GameCube, Wii and physical Wii U games.
- Doubles as a streaming box, with apps like Netflix and YouTube.
- Ports for HDMI, USB Type C, Sensor Bar and Ethernet.
- Extra system storage for what you can’t fit on the NX Portable.
- The NFC is on the Dock itself. But here its more like Skylanders and Disney Infinity where you can leave it standing there, this feature is used in an Amiibo focused game.
Because the NX is the one device for Nintendo, it has A LOT of accessories and controllers. Let’s make some lists!
- A new NX Controller, an update of the GameCube controller, featuring ZL and ZR, two new real analog sticks (that actually work for shooters unlike Wii U), and a new amazing D-Pad similar to 3DS and Wii U. No motion controls, has 100 hour battery life.
- A simple remote style media controller (not for gaming).
- Backwards compatible with the Wii U GamePad and all the Wii garbage.
- A new accessory for GameCube controllers and memory cards. The Wii U adapter is compatible and digital memory cards can be created on the systems storage.
- An accessory for the NX Controller that can hold most smartphones as a second screen.
- An extension cable that allows you to use the NX Portable as the controller when playing on the TV. It can’t be wireless since the Dock needs the Portables processing power.
Nintendo Experience Announcements
With the NX, Nintendo announces a lot of stuff. More lists!
Announcements along the NX:
- Third and second party studios are now helping on porting Nintendos entire first party library to NX. Including GameCube and Wii (properly this time, not this Wii Menu crap) (maybe even Virtual Boy?)
- Zelda Wii U is coming to NX, it will be like Twilight Princess but not involving mirrors.
- Super Smash Bros. For NX is announced and will be a build on the Wii U version, rather than rebuilt from the ground up like the previous Smash games. Pros? The entire character roster is brought over, and they can focus on balacing and bringing more content to the game. The characters will have new trophies and character art. The games menus will have a new look and will feature a new soundtrack. It will also feature a story mode.
- Nintendo announces an open world Super Mario 64 esque platformer that focuses on amiibo. Every amiibo FIGURINE (Ex. Smash, Mario, Splatoon lines) will work with this game, all featuring their own moves and abilities and can be switched at any time. There will be paintings all featuring the different IPs that Nintendo has made through the years. The game will incorporate the planned two player feature from Super Mario 64, where two players can independently explore the game, or work together.
- You can transfer all your stuff from Wii U and 3DS, but it is a ONE WAY transfer.
- This is the last time you will have to pay for Virtual Console games you already have. 80% off if you own the game on Wii U or 3DS, free if you own it on both, this includes the Ambassador games on 3DS.